BUSY!!!

     BUSY is the word to describe what it has been like around here for the past month or more. We have had over 130 kids and lambs born. We have tried to video as many of them as we were able to and my daughter has set up a youtube channel with these videos. If you go our channel here - Oklahoma Ranch Life- you can see the ones that she has done. I will make it a point to bug her about finishing some of the other ones.
     We have also ventured into another area on the ranch - I know, what you are thinking - "another area?!?" Well, to make a long story short, some of our friends and us invested in a real incubator. For the past year or so we have tried our hands at incubating eggs in the smaller styrofoam incubators. Our hatch rates have been very low - like maybe 20% to zero! After some research and talking with other chicken geeks we settled upon the GQF Sportsman 1502 cabinet incubator. I am happy to say that we now are hatching chickens, ducks and even have some geese eggs in it. Our first hatch yielded over 40 birds!!! So, if you are looking for baby birds, shoot me an email by clicking here and I can let you know what we have available.
     Of course, I have also set up a new blog to talk about our chicken adventures on. Some of my kids think it is ridiculous to raise birds, but there are a few of us that find it enjoyable and are hoping to have some fun with chicken egg shell color genetics and other things. Here is the blog - Cool Peepers . Stay tuned as we have some very interesting breeding projects and ideas in mind. What did you say? You want a little sneak preview? Well, how about this picture to get you wondering:


Maybe I'll get back to explaining this project we are venturing into, but I'll just leave it at that for now . . . :)

     There is much more to talk about and share, but we have 2 soccer games today and other things going on. I'll leave you with this picture of 2 of our dogs. Yes, there are 2 in the picture below. The obvious dog is Abby, the black lab cross. If you look closely, you will find Roxy waiting to ambush Abby. I thought it was a great pic!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northeast Oklahoma Hay & Feed Coop

Bullet Proof Coffee

Ranch Animal Alphabet - Q